Ethos and Vision
The Academy’s ethos ‘Believe, Succeed, Together’ is reflected in an uncompromising belief that all pupils can and will succeed in a learning community which supports and values everyone and their achievements.
- To provide an environment in which pupils feel proud of the Academy, shown by their excellent behaviour, attitude to learning, attendance and punctuality.
- To provide a safe and secure environment in which all pupils are able to thrive and any issues or concerns they have are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- To provide a learning environment in which the majority of teaching is outstanding and never less than consistently good.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum, including the opportunity for all pupils to achieve the ‘English Baccalaureate’ (EBacc).
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to achieve the ‘Basics’ i.e. a 'strong' pass in GCSE English and mathematics.
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to achieve an attainment and progress score (in English and mathematics, three other EBacc subjects, plus three others) that exceeds expectations.
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to develop high levels of literacy and numeracy appropriate to their age.
- To provide opportunities and experiences for all pupils so that they are very well equipped for the next stage in their education, training, employment or self-employment.
- To provide an environment in which all pupils are able to broaden their education through a range of spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities.
- To provide an environment in which every opportunity is taken to celebrate and share success.
Academy Development Plan
Click here for the Academy Development Plan